Sneezing is regarded as a forceful, sudden, uncontrolled burst of air through the mouth and nose.
What causes Sneezing?
Sneezing is usually caused by an irritation to the mucus membranes of the throat and nose and not usual a sign of a serious problem. Sneezing is a response from the sinus passages attempting to clear its passages of foreign objects.
Sneezing can be triggered by:
- Flu and cold.
- Allergens such as pollen, dust, mold and dander that you may be allergic too.
- Inhalation of drugs.
- Triggers such as air pollution, certain medicines, powders, spicy food and strong emotions.
- Breathing in corticosteroids.
The nose acts as a filtration device, and it removes the allergens by expelling them in a sneeze. The allergens that enter the nose are made up of tiny particles and it can take multiple sneezes to remove the irritants.
Homecare for Sneezing
The best way to control sneezing is to avoid exposure to allergens. Preventions or Ways to reduce the exposure:
- Minimize animal dander by removing pets from home.
- Go places with low pollen counts.
- Air filters may be used to reduce pollen in the air.
- Change furnace filters.
- Kill dust mites by washing linens in hot water.
- Remove carpets – if carpets can’t be replaced by a solid, then it must be cleaned thoroughly and frequently.
- Vacuum upholstered furniture, draperies, and other fabric items that cannot be washed, removed, or replaced regularly.
- Remove as much clutter as possible to make cleaning easier.
- Damp dusting using a dampened cloth or an oiled mop will minimize the distribution of dust through the air.
Baby’s Room – Special Tips
- Wood or plastic chairs are best for baby’s room.
- Use dust-proof casings for all bedding.
- Stuffed animals should never be placed in the crib and should be washable.
- Animal fur and dander is a potential allergen so best to keep pets out of the baby’s room.
- Overhead mobiles and wall hangings collect dust.
In most cases, moving out of the house where there is a mold spore problem can be helpful. Sneezing that is not caused by an allergy will disappear when illness causing it, is treated or cured.
Natural Treatment for Sneezing
SinusWars1 is a natural remedy that helps your body to build up a resistance against allergens, which cause your body to react violently resulting in unpleasant symptoms such as sneezing, running nose, headaches etc.
SinusWars1- Allergy Force (Comprehensive Allergy Treatment) treats the following symptoms:
- ALL TYPES OF ALLERGIES
- Sneezing and coughing
- Itchy and irritated eyes
- Allergies caused by pets, dust, pollen, dairy products, colorants and grasses
- Seasonal Allergies
- Skin Allergies
- Sinus Allergies
- Fungal Allergies
- Headaches and pain caused by allergies
- A runny nose
- Congested sinuses
When to contact a Doctor
An individual must contact his/her health care provider if sneezing is affecting his/her life and when home remedies do not work.