SINUSITIS- occurs when the small, air filled spaces inside the cheekbones and forehead become inflamed due to bacterial or viral infection. This can occur in two forms; namely acute or chronic sinusitis.
- Acute sinusitis is when the infection only lasts for a week or a few days or up to 12 weeks. While some people will only experience its symptoms once or twice in their life time, many people experience it more frequently.
- Chronic sinusitis is the kind of sinusitis that last longer than 12 weeks, meaning that the symptoms become more agonizing and aggressive as time goes by.
The causes of Sinusitis
- Mucus build-up in the sinuses is known to prolong the infection which is then likely to lead to chronic sinusitis.
- Inhaling or sniffing substances that irritate the lining of the nose.
- Dental infections that spreads from an infected tooth to a maxillary sinus.
- Colds and flu caused by bacteria or virus which spreads to the sinuses.
- Weak immune system leaves one vulnerable to any infection
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy can trigger nasal inflammation.
- Asthma, smoking, diabetes, and previous injuries to the nose or cheeks.
Symptoms of Sinusitis
- Feeling either facial pain or fullness
- Having green or yellow discharge
- Lack of sense of smell
- Post Nasal Drip
- Pressure and Headaches
How to treat Sinusitis?
Having identified the symptoms and an examination done, your doctor will provide a diagnosis in order to conclude on the underlying problem causing your sinusitis.
Homeopathic remedy can and has provided the most effective relief from sinusitis symptoms. http://www.sinuswars.com/sinusitis.asp