October 4, 2013
SINUSITIS- occurs when the small, air filled spaces inside the cheekbones and forehead become inflamed due to bacterial or viral infection. This can occur in two forms; namely acute or chronic sinusitis.
- Acute sinusitis is when the infection only lasts for a week or a few days or up to 12 weeks. While some people will only experience its symptoms once or twice in their life time, many people experience it more frequently.
- Chronic sinusitis is the kind of sinusitis that last longer than 12 weeks, meaning that the symptoms become more agonizing and aggressive as time goes by.
The causes of Sinusitis
- Mucus build-up in the sinuses is known to prolong the infection which is then likely to lead to chronic sinusitis.
- Inhaling or sniffing substances that irritate the lining of the nose.
- Dental infections that spreads from an infected tooth to a maxillary sinus.
- Colds and flu caused by bacteria or virus which spreads to the sinuses.
- Weak immune system leaves one vulnerable to any infection
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy can trigger nasal inflammation.
- Asthma, smoking, diabetes, and previous injuries to the nose or cheeks.
Symptoms of Sinusitis
- Feeling either facial pain or fullness
- Having green or yellow discharge
- Lack of sense of smell
- Post Nasal Drip
- Pressure and Headaches
How to treat Sinusitis?
Having identified the symptoms and an examination done, your doctor will provide a diagnosis in order to conclude on the underlying problem causing your sinusitis.
Homeopathic remedy can and has provided the most effective relief from sinusitis symptoms. http://www.sinuswars.com/sinusitis.asp
December 10, 2012
An eye, nose, tooth or throat infection left untreated has the potential to spread to the sinus veins located behind the eyes causing blood clots which have the potential to become fatal. This is what happened in 2006 with a 17 year old dying from this condition.
Surgeons have however noted that this condition is rare and research is still underway to find out why the infection spreads to the sinus veins behind the eyes.
Other signs of Cavernous Sinus Thrombosis include a loss of vision, bulging eyes, headaches and a swelling of the conjunctiva, symptoms not uncommon with sinus infections.
October 23, 2012
That’s exactly what I ended up wondering after returning home with a shopping bag full of antibiotics, pain medications, mucus relievers and other smarty-like tablets. Wow, I’m starting to sound like one of those neurotic people that goes to the Doctor for the faintest of sniffles but in reality, I only really get a cold every winter season and most do go away on their own; but my latest one seems to have become super resilient to what I term my “inner fighting abilities” because I just couldn’t seem to rid myself of the cold symptoms well into the second week.
So what did my research uncover? Overall findings show that my common cold is a result of viruses and not bacteria however antibiotics are used to treat bacterial invasions and not viruses… interesting… so why all the antibiotics especially considering using antibiotics when there is no infection, can be both harmful and can lead to possible allergic reactions when overused?
One of the main reasons behind the recommendation of antibiotics for colds is that they have been found to help in treating cough symptoms with a recent study being performed on children with colds and accompanying cold symptoms. The main benefit found here was that antibiotics and anti-tussive medications (Capable of relieving or suppressing coughing) or a combination of both helps alleviate coughing which can be quite intense in children and infants so there may be a high possibility that giving antibiotics to alleviate coughing allows the child’s “inner fighting abilities” to kick-into-gear, assisting it in treating the actual cold.
Natural Flu Treatment
With natural treatments such as the SinusWars OriFlu and Cold Remedy, it’s not just the coughing that’s treated; sneezing, headaches, low grade fevers, dreaded muscles and joint aches together with chills, shivering and a runny nose are all assisted. With this remedy these symptoms are not just masked as it helps to strengthen a battered-and-bruised immune system, ensuring it bounces back into tiptop shape and ensures a cold or flu doesn’t linger for longer than absolutely necessary.
So if your “inner fighting ability” has taken an early Christmas vacation or just down-tooled on you, don’t fret… perhaps take treatment measures from the onset the natural way and if this doesn’t work, you can always make that appointment with your GP for the inevitable recommendation of antibiotics; if only to treat your coughing.