Viral infections like colds and flu’s are miserable and distressful. They cause one to feel weak, achy and ill. Viral infections mainly affect the respiratory tract (nose, sinus cavities, throat, larynx, trachea and lungs) and if this infection is left untreated, it can cause complications such as postnasal drip, ear infections and sinusitis.
Viruses cause colds and flu’s
When one has a cold or flu, the virus attacks red blood cells in the mucus membrane linings in the respiratory tract. These infected red blood cells then emit an alarm signal that calls up specialized white blood cells to fight the viruses. The immune chemicals produced by the white blood cells to fight the viruses cause swelling, inflammation and an increase in mucus production (the symptoms of a cold/flu).
Untreated colds and flu’s lead to sinusitis
Sinusitis is the inflammation and infection of the sinus cavities. We now know that when we have a cold/flu our mucus membranes become swollen and inflamed, resulting in more mucus production to flush the virus away. How can this cause complications?
When the mucus membrane linings in the sinus cavities and nasal passages are inflamed and swollen, it blocks the sinus openings and does not allow mucus to drain. Stagnant mucus is a perfect place for bacteria to grow causing one to have a sinus infection.
What are the symptoms of a viral infection and a sinus infection?
How do you know if you have a viral or sinus infection? Here are some of the symptoms you may experience:
|VIRAL INFECTION||SINUS INFECTION|
|sneezing||colds that do not respond to medication|
|runny nose||facial swelling|
|sinus inflammation||low grade fever|
|mouth breathing||postnasal drip|
|aching muscles||ear infection|
|fatigue/tiredness||loss of smell|
The best way to avoid a viral infection is for you to get vaccinated. Sinus infections can be avoided if you treat colds and flu’s before they cause complications. Here are a few help tips and remedies to use if you already have sinusitis:
- Use a humidifier. Humidifiers and filters can be placed in your home to moisten and filter any allergens (pollen, dust) in the air. This will allow your sinuses to drain better and avoid irritation of your mucus membranes.
- Take hot showers. This is an ideal solution, by inhaling the steam you can thin thick/ sticky mucus, moisten sinuses and help them to drain better.
- Drink lots of water. By drinking lots of water, you help mucus to flow and keep the body hydrated.
- Eating healthy foods. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables can make your immune system stronger so that your body can resist infections.
- Avoid eating diary products. An over consumption of diary products, starchy foods and sugar can make mucus thick and viscid.
- Practice good hygiene. Washing your hands frequently can have a huge impact on your health. Thousands of viruses and bacteria are all around us so this is the best way to protect ourselves.
- Use SinusWars homeopathic remedies. SinusWars have great products that treat all the symptoms of sinusitis. Not only will it treat your symptoms but also the underlying conditions offering you long term relief from your problems. SinusWars products are completely safe to use with no known side effects.
Here are a few products and what each one targets:
- SinusWars4 is the ultimate remedy for the treatment of earaches, infections and a sore throat. If you have a sinus infection, which has caused ringing in your ear, a sore throat or ear pain, then this is the remedy for you!
- SinusWars8 is a remedy designed to treat chronic sinusitis. If you have sinus infections, which have lasted more than 6 months and symptoms that are persistent then this remedy will work for you! SinusWars8 is designed to boost the immune system so that it can treat, resist and keep sinus infections at bay.
- SinusWars9 is a general sinusitis remedy used to treat infections, reduce congestion, pressure, pain, headaches, and fever. Use this for effectively treating sinus infections!
- SinusWars14 is perfect for people who have many sinus related problems. This remedy will clear congestion, pressure, bad breath, eliminates toxins, treat rhinitis and so much more…
For more of these natural, effective, life-changing remedies visit www.sinuswars.com See what SinusWars can do for you! You can overcome sinusitis with the right care and treatment.
Click below to answer our poll:
Add your comments or even email us.
Have a fantastic sinus-free day!